»

22.3.10

Last weekend before uni starts!

Now, before I go any further I should get you familiar with my house-mates since I'll be dropping their name quite a bit. 
Lindsay: A good friend I met when I was out here last time.  America.
Chris: Lindsay's boyfriend.  I knew him through a different friend when I was out here last time.  Australian.
Emily: She was at JCU when I was here last, but I didn't hang out with her much.  Australian.
Jordan: Lived with Emily and Lindsay after I left, so I hadn't met him until I came out here this year. Australian.
Okay, moving on....

That night Chris and Jordan had some of their mates over and it turned into an "all the boys play poker while Jamie and Lindsay swim in the pool" kind of night.  haha.  It was a lot of fun though!  

The next morning I went tubing down Alligator creek with Emily and her friends.  It was a blast!  Alligator creek is about 20 minutes outside of Townsville.  It's a beautiful area with heaps of trees and rock cliffs.  Its a popular swimming area for swimming in the summer when the ocean isn't an option.  Further down from the swimming hole is where we hopped in on our tubes with our eskies of beer and we were on our merry way.  It's not quite as intense as white water rafting, but more exciting than a lazy river.  I did lose my sunnies and acquire a few new bruises on one of the rapids though!  We went down twice and then headed to a friends house for a bbq.  They sure do love their bbqs here!  After that it was back home for a mini little pool party with some friends.  

The next day, Sunday, was a pretty lazy day.  Lindsay introduced me to NoodleBox, which is a to-go stir fry place where you customize your order on a touch screen kiosk, print the slip off and bring it up for them to make.  I love me some stir fry so I was in heaven!  The rest of the afternoon was filled with some more pool time and relaxing on my last day before school started! Have I mentioned that I love having a pool? ;)

0 comments: