»

30.7.10

Back to school...

I survived my first week back at uni....and it was so much more successful than the last go.  I made it to all of my classes on time went to all the right rooms, and didn't have to publicly battle the chairs.  All in all, a good week.


A quick rundown on my courses:  terrestrial resource management; environmental economics; Disasters: vulnerability, mitigation, and planning; and managing marine and coastal environments.  After the first week it seems like it's going to be a really fun and interesting semester.  And I am determined to keep my work on schedule!

Other than classes the first week is always filled with festivities to kick off the semester, which I of course participated in. :)  Toga party was on Tuesday and it was a bit of a let down (when compared to the one I went to in 2008).  We  rocked up around 10pm only to find no one in the club, instead everyone was waiting for the bus to town.  We still went in, had a few drinks from our favorite bar tender (Vitto), but then decided to head to town.  I was a complete moron and forgot to bring my ID to the club (thankfully I knew the bouncer!) so we had to take a nice long, and expensive, cab ride back to the house and then to town.  It was a great night though, which made the cab drive worth it.  Nothing like rockin' the town wearing a bed sheet!
toga!
The next festivity was Thursday night, and the options were: uni club or deck party at the riverside tavern.  Since uni club's reputation has crashed and burned most people were heading to the tav...so we hopped on board.  I went over to my new place and hung out with the future house-mates for awhile before we headed off.  We grabbed a few roadies and were off walking to the tav....our first house bonding experience.  It was a really good night, we had a chill night hanging out with friends over a couple jugs of beer.  At the end of the night we walked back and bonded even more with some beer induced "deep" conversations haha.  It was heaps of fun...and a nice preview of what next semester will be like.  I'm excited!
Frans, David, and David showcasing their "roadies".   :)

The festivities are continuing tonight with an 80's flashback party!....so I am off to go find myself a sweet outfit.  I'll write more soon!


0 comments: