»

25.7.10

July update:

Okay, so I feel as if my world has completely switched around within the past three weeks....a welcomed, and enjoyable switch I might add.  


The biggest player in this change is no longer having to do brekkie!  No more waking up at 4:30 = much happier Jamie!  I am amazed at how cutting that out changed everything...I finally felt like I could enjoy my break.  So, enjoy it I did!  I caught up with my friend Shannon (a girl I knew when I lived at Rotary in 2008) and went to town with her, Azul, Vitto, Emily, Lindsey (not my roomie Lindsay) and her boyfriend Cody for cheap Tuesday my first week off.  We started at Cactus Jacks (a piss poor mexican restaurant lol) for some $3 coronas, headed off to the shed for some dancing, and ended the night in the mad cow taking pictures with strangers haha.  All in all, a great night out...with no worries about getting up! :)


Shannon, Vitto, and Azul
Crazy Americans...
Our new "friends"
Another exciting thing: Lindsay and Chris got a puppy!  Effing adorable!  Having some fur in my life just makes me smile....especially when I am not responsible for picking up it's poo. :)  His name is Kaan (full name is Takaani, which means wolf) and he is an adorable Siberian Husky pup.  Though he is getting bigger, more bitey, and more territorial (aka...pees on everything) lately, which is not the most fun.  
I just want to shake him he's so cute!

Other exciting things: I finalised my housing for next semester!...and it's going to be awesome.  My friend David and I (He is from Mexico and I knew him from last time I was here) decided to find a place together so we wouldn't be stuck in a house with strangers.  We found one we really liked but ended up not acting quick enough and one of the rooms was given away...but then, one of the houses I had looked at previously (but was too expensive) lowered the rate so we snatched it up.  Ironically enough the other house mate was a friend  and we hadn't realized it!  So it's going to be myself, David, Frans (the friend) and another David (the owner of the house).  Its a great group of people and I reckon it's going to be an amazing semester there.  I have been to 2 BBQs and its a nice, relaxed group of people and friends.  The house is beautiful and fully furnished (with a massive HD projector screen tv!!!!) and a pool with a huge yard.  I'm so excited!  All three of my house mates speak Spanish, so I'm going to have to learn quick to stay on par with the rest of them.  I reallllly want to learn Spanish so maybe this will be the thing that forces me to learn. :)  I haven't moved in yet, but will slowly start moving over this week and will post pictures asap!  On the note of my housing, another exciting thing was David coming back into town.  He spent the last semester abroad in the Galapagos Islands so I hadn't seen him since 2008.  It was soooo nice to have the old gang back together.  Like the good ol' days again! 
Reenacting a 2008 moment...so it doesn't make sense.  The fact that all 3 of us are in the same photo is the main point! :)
Other than that I have just been enjoying my time off before uni starts back up again.  I caught up with another mate from Rotary, went out dancing again, and have just been relaxing!   This weekend I went to Charters Towers and the races (I will post more about those in a minute), which was a perfect way to end the winter break....because unfortunately the time has come, uni starts tomorrow!!!! I cannot believe its starting again, but I am kind of excited to get back in the swing...kind of.  Now that I am finally enjoying my break I don't want it to end.  Oh well, tough luck!  I will let you know how my first week goes.  Hopefully more successful than last semester! hahaha

0 comments: